Mannasmith Funeral Home
July 1, 1979, Roger & Becky Mannasmith purchased the Postle-Hale
Funeral Home from Dallas and Julia Hale. In so doing, they became
the fifth owners of the longest established funeral home in
Marysville located at 621 West Fifth Street.
between 1861-1864 as a residence for Cornelius Springer
Hamilton, the brick home is an excellent example of the popular
Italianate architecture that was popular during that era. L.H.
Miller established the first funeral home at the location in
1924. In 1945 the funeral home was sold to William Lee, and in
1952 the name changed once again to Postle Funeral Home. Dallas
Hale assumed ownership of the operation upon the death of his
father-in-law, M.L. Postle, and operated the business with his
wife, Julia, until the eventual sale to the Mannasmiths.
The Mannasmiths, who
have also owned Mannasmith-Schnurrenberger Funeral Home in West
Mansfield since March 1, 1996, have worked extremely hard to
improve the business over the years. Two major additions that
enhanced operations were the back parking lot and the Mannasmith
West Chapel. The West Chapel houses the casket selection room,
which can be converted into a much larger visitation area, the
family conference area, a monument selection area, the
preparation room, and offices. The addition of the parking lot
provided many more parking spaces for visitors and provided
access to the funeral home from both Fifth & Sixth streets.
“The pretty ol’ place”, as Roger refers
to the outstanding, red-brick structure, is beautifully
decorated within and surrounded by tasteful landscapes. The
building offers such a “home-like” atmosphere and that is what
so many of the families served truly value.